November 22 Update: New 05 Images (Scroll down to end in “Options” Box).
Install this Cherry Blossom NewTab Themes and enjoy HD wallpapers of cherry blossoms everytime you open a new tab.
The extension is made by fans, for fans who like cherry blossom or flowers and nature in general… Visit our homepage for more HD wallpapers and newtab themes: http://freeaddon.com/
– Choose a wallpaper from many available cherry blossom wallpapers.
– Digital clock for Date-Time, Weather indicator (you may change city location manually), and Google search engine.
– Shuffle all cherry blossom images, or shuffle your favorite image only.
– Quick navigation with Most Visited, Chrome Apps, Gmail Unread Count. Manage tasks with To-Do list.
– Show/hide features, customize your own cherry blossoms theme.
– Combine background pictures from multiple FreeAddon new tab extensions.
ABOUT CHERRY BLOSSOM:
– A cherry blossom is the flower of any of several trees of genus Prunus, particularly the Japanese cherry, Prunus serrulata, which is called sakura after the Japanese (桜 or 櫻; さくら).
– Currently it is widely distributed, especially in the temperate zone of the Northern Hemisphere including Japan, Taiwan, Korea, China, West Siberia, Iran, and Afghanistan. Along with the chrysanthemum, the cherry blossom is considered the national flower of Japan.
– Many of the varieties that have been cultivated for ornamental use do not produce fruit. Edible cherries generally come from cultivars of the related species Prunus avium and Prunus cerasus.
CHERRY BLOSSOM FUN FACTS:
– You don’t have to travel to Washington D.C. to see them in the U.S.
– The flower petals are edible.
– Cherry blossoms are Japan’s national flower.
– Cherry blossom ice cream is a real thing.
– Picnicking beneath cherry blossom trees is a Japanese tradition.
– Peak bloom is usually around April 4.
– Cherry trees can be huge.
– “Hanami” picnics are arguably more spectacular at night.
– Cherry blossom festivals celebrate more than just spring.
– U.S. cherry blossom trees date back to 1912.