Install the extension get HD wallpapers of Christmas plus a Countdown clock and snow animation effect in browser homepage. October 12 Update: New 5 Images (Scroll down to end in Options Box).
The beautiful Christmas wallpapers and snowfall animation will put you in the mood for winter holidays. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2018!
- Choose a Christmas wallpaper from many available wallpapers. Plus a count-down clock to Xmas and snow fall animation of snowflakes and snowballs.
- Digital clock for Date-Time, Weather indicator (you may change city location manually), and Google search engine.
- Shuffle all Christmas images, or shuffle your favorite image only. Quick navigation with Most Visited, Chrome Apps, Gmail Unread Count. Manage tasks with To-Do list.
- Customize, show/hide features for a clean theme. Combine background pictures from multiple FreeAddon new tab extensions.
- New "Settings" Tab & Auto-hide all elements in background after 10s.
- Create slideshow to automatically change background after an amount of time.
- Not slow down your computer when openning many tabs anymore thanks to new technology.
- Display the number of people who like each image of a newtab.
- Set countdown timer to a specific time & date you want. E.g.: New Year Countdown or Christmas Countdown.
- Offer snow effects to bring winter to your newtab.
- Shuffle images of multiple newtabs & suggest related FreeAddon's newtabs with the ones you use. Update: You can use this feature for all Freeaddon & Sportifytab's Newtab extensions now as all of them have been updated for synchronization.
- Increase image load speed & offer new image load effect.
- Customize layout by Disabling / Enabling Most Visited, Apps, Share, and To-do Menus.
- Provide "To-do list" (tasks and notes) feature to boost productivity.
- Manually set your location (city, country) to get accurate weather data.
- We added Google Apps and Chrome Apps to menu for quick navigation.
- Show logged-in Google account and Gmail counter.
- Simple & clean theme, more stunning HD pictures were added. Images are included, make it loads faster. Work offline (your browser does not download anything when you open a new tab).
- Added "Most Visited sites" to menu for quick navigation.
- Allow users to mark images as favorite, shuffle all images or shuffle favorite images only.
- New weather indicator service which is much better and more accurate.
- Allow users to switch between 12 hours and 24 hours format, switch between Celsius & Fahrenheit temperature.
- Simple & clean theme, more stunning HD pictures were added.
ABOUT CHRISTMAS: (Source: Wikipedia)
Christmas is an annual festival commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ, observed most commonly on December 25 as a religious and cultural celebration among billions of people around the world. A feast central to the Christian liturgical year, it is preceded by the season of Advent or the Nativity Fast and initiates the season of Christmastide, which historically in the West lasts twelve days and culminates on Twelfth Night; in some traditions, Christmastide includes an Octave. Christmas Day is a public holiday in many of the world’s nations, is celebrated religiously by a majority of Christians, as well as culturally by many non-Christians, and forms an integral part of the holiday season. In several countries, celebrating Christmas Eve has the main focus rather than Christmas Day.
Although the month and date of Jesus’ birth are unknown, by the early-to-mid fourth century the Western Christian Church had placed Christmas on December 25, a date that was later adopted in the East. Today, most Christians celebrate on December 25 in the Gregorian calendar, which has been adopted almost universally in the civil calendars used in countries throughout the world. However, some Eastern Christian Churches celebrate Christmas on December 25 of the older Julian calendar, which currently corresponds to January 7 in the Gregorian calendar, the day after the Western Christian Church celebrates the Epiphany. This is not a disagreement over the date of Christmas as such, but rather a preference of which calendar should be used to determine the day that is December 25.
The celebratory customs associated in various countries with Christmas have a mix of pre-Christian, Christian, and secular themes and origins. Popular modern customs of the holiday include gift giving, completing an Advent calendar or Advent wreath, Christmas music and caroling, lighting a Christingle, viewing a Nativity play, an exchange of Christmas cards, church services, a special meal, and the display of various Christmas decorations, including Christmas trees, Christmas lights, nativity scenes, garlands, wreaths, mistletoe, and holly. In addition, several closely related and often interchangeable figures, known as Santa Claus, Father Christmas, Saint Nicholas, and Christkind, are associated with bringing gifts to children during the Christmas season and have their own body of traditions and lore. Because gift-giving and many other aspects of the Christmas festival involve heightened economic activity, the holiday has become a significant event and a key sales period for retailers and businesses. The economic impact of Christmas has grown steadily over the past few centuries in many regions of the world.