Install this Fairies NewTab Themes and enjoy HD wallpapers of fairy everytime you open a new tab.
The extension is made by fans, for fans who like fairy, unicorn, mythical creatures, or fantasy films in general… Visit our homepage for more HD wallpapers and newtab themes: http://freeaddon.com/
– Choose a wallpaper from many available fairy wallpapers.
– Digital clock for Date-Time, Weather indicator (you may change city location manually), and Google search engine.
– Shuffle all fairy images, or shuffle your favorite image only.
– Quick navigation with Most Visited, Chrome Apps, Gmail Unread Count. Manage tasks with To-Do list.
– Show/hide features, customize your own fairies theme.
– Combine background pictures from multiple FreeAddon new tab extensions.
– A fairy (also fata, fay, fey, fae, fair folk; from faery, faerie, “realm of the fays”) is a type of mythical being or legendary creature in European folklore, a form of spirit, often described as metaphysical, supernatural, or preternatural.
– The English fairy derives from Old French form faierie, a derivation from faie (from Vulgar Latin fata) with the abstract noun suffix -erie. In Old French romance, a faie or fee was a woman skilled in magic, and who knew the power and virtue of words, of stones, and of herbs.
– “Fairy” was used to represent: an illusion or enchantment; the land of the Faes; collectively the inhabitants thereof; an individual such as a fairy knight. Faie became Modern English fay, while faierie became fairy, but this spelling almost exclusively refers to one individual (the same meaning as fay). In the sense of “land where fairies dwell”, archaic spellings Faery and Faerie are still in use.
– Latinate fay is not related the (Germanic) fey, meaning “fated to die”., but some dictionaries do list “fey” as a kind of fairy.
– Various folklore traditions refer to fairies euphemistically as wee folk, good folk, people of peace, fair folk (Welsh tylwyth teg), etc.
FAIRY FUN FACTS:
– Fairies love shiny things, particularly things no one else seems to want, like old buttons, charms and paperclips. They don’t however like human money. That is why they like to give it away when they collect your teeth.
– Fairies bring good luck wherever they go!
– Some fairies have a talent for hearing wishes. We are told it is like hearing whispers in the wind to them. They know exactly who a wish has come from once they hear it. Other very special fairies can also take your worries away. These fairies use the energy that are found in worries to send to the fairies who grant wishes. This means a worry becomes a wish with a little fairy magic!
– Years and years ago before Queen Kate discovered how well fairies grow and blossom once a human loves and believes in them, many of them used to say that a fairy should never go near a human. They were so afraid of losing their magic if they were seen that it was believed for a very long time that fairies and humans should never live together. As soon as Queen Kate and her council discovered how important it was for fairies to be believed in by humans and how much it benefited the whole fairy community, the Fairy/Family Lease Agreement was drawn up. In it, it states exactly how fairies and families can live happily together. Once this was completed fairies all over the world rejoiced at the idea of having a human all of their own and co-habitation started very soon after!
– Fairies wear brightly-coloured fitted clothes. They generally make their own (Section 6. Independent Living Skills Module) but new clothes can also be purchased online at www.theirishfairydoorcompany.com/shop.