Install this Grey Anatomy NewTab Themes and enjoy HD wallpapers of Grey’s Anatomy everytime you open a new tab.
The extension is made by fans, for fans who like Grey’s Anatomy, or TV shows and movies in general… Visit our homepage for more HD wallpapers and newtab themes: https://freeaddon.com/
– Choose a wallpaper from many available Grey’s Anatomy wallpapers.
– Digital clock for Date-Time, Weather indicator (you may change city location manually), and Google search engine.
– Shuffle all Grey’s Anatomy images, or shuffle your favorite image only.
– Quick navigation with Most Visited, Chrome Apps, Gmail Unread Count. Manage tasks with To-Do list.
– Show/hide features, customize your own Grey Anatomy theme.
– Combine background pictures from multiple FreeAddon new tab extensions.
ABOUT GREY’S ANATOMY:
– Grey’s Anatomy is an American medical drama television series that premiered on March 27, 2005, on American Broadcasting Company (ABC) as a mid-season replacement. The fictional series focuses on the lives of surgical interns, residents, and attending physicians, as they develop into seasoned doctors while trying to maintain personal lives and relationships. The title is a play on Gray’s Anatomy, a classic human anatomy textbook first published in 1858 in London and written by Henry Gray. Shonda Rhimes developed the pilot and continues to write for the series; she is also one of the executive producers, along with Betsy Beers, Mark Gordon, Krista Vernoff, Rob Corn, Mark Wilding, and Allan Heinberg. Although the series is set in Seattle (at the fictional Seattle Grace, later known as the Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital), it is filmed primarily in Los Angeles, California.
– The series was designed to be racially diverse and used color-blind casting. It revolves around the title character, Dr. Meredith Grey, played by Ellen Pompeo, first featured as an intern. The original cast consisted of nine star-billed actors: Pompeo, Sandra Oh, Katherine Heigl, Justin Chambers, T. R. Knight, Chandra Wilson, James Pickens Jr., Isaiah Washington and Patrick Dempsey. The cast has undergone major changes through the series’ run, with many members leaving and being replaced by others. In its fourteenth season, the show had a large ensemble of fourteen actors, including four characters from the original cast (Meredith Grey, Alex Karev, Miranda Bailey, and Richard Webber).
– A fourteenth season premiered on September 28, 2017. On April 20, 2018, ABC renewed Grey’s Anatomy for a fifteenth season. The series’ success catapulted such long-running cast members as Pompeo, Dempsey, and Oh to worldwide recognition; they were among the top five highest-earning television actors in 2013. While the show’s ratings have fallen over the course of its run (it was once among the overall top 10 shows in the United States), it is still one of the highest-rated shows among the 18–49 demographic, and the No. 3 drama on all of broadcast television. The series was the highest revenue-earning show on television, in terms of advertising, in the 2007-08 season; in 2017, it was ranked tenth on the list. Grey’s Anatomy ranks as ABC’s highest-rated drama in its fourteenth season.
– Grey’s Anatomy has been well received by critics throughout much of its run, and has been included in various critics’ year-end top ten lists. Since its inception, the show has been described by the media outlets as a television “phenomenon” or a “juggernaut”, owing to its longevity and dominant ratings. It is considered to have had a significant effect on popular culture and has received numerous awards, including the Golden Globe Award for Best Television Series – Drama. It has received thirty-eight Primetime Emmy Award nominations, including two for Outstanding Drama Series. The cast members have also received several accolades for their respective performances. Grey’s Anatomy is the longest-running scripted primetime show currently airing on ABC, the second-longest scripted primetime ABC show ever, and the second-longest primetime medical drama, after ER.
GREY’s ANATOMY FUN FACTS:
– The title was once very different: The title of the original pitch is simply “Surgeons.”
– Seattle Grace Hospital almost didn’t exist: The location was originally going to be Boston, Philadelphia, or New York City. “This is not a small town life. Big city, big medical center, big surgical opportunities,” Rhimes wrote. Of course, the show would eventually take place in Seattle, Washington.
– Rhimes was certain what kind of tone her show would set: “I don’t believe in melodrama and I don’t believe in EARNEST SAPPY MOMENTS,” Rhimes wrote of the show’s dramedy tone (caps lock and all).
– Rhimes knew her characters so well she even stocked their lockers: In her character descriptions, Rhimes included the contents of all the main characters’ hospital lockers to flesh out their personalities. Among them, Meredith Grey has “stacks of old birthday cards she was planning to mail but never got around to” and “three alarm clocks because she’s terrified of oversleeping on her breaks.” George O’Malley’s contents “come from fear—med journals, old text books,” while Cristina Yang’s include “a Palm Pilot featured with the latest research articles….high heels to go out in after work, condoms because you never know.”
– There is no Alex Karev in Rhimes’ original pitch: He was added in after the pilot was shot. Meanwhile, 13 seasons later, he is still a central character in Grey’s.
– The Grey’s doctors all had one very unhealthy habit: Smoking was a big thing among all the doctors, especially Meredith.
– Can you imagine Cristina falling for Denny? Cristina’s plotline included her falling in love with a dying patient (a story that would eventually go to Izzie Stevens) and her father becoming a major donor to the hospital.
– Or Derek Shepherd with a teenage daughter? In addition to being divorced, Derek Shepherd was supposed to have a teenage daughter who apparently convinced him to take the job at the hospital. “This is his chance to make up for all the mistakes he made with her when she was younger,” Rhimes wrote, “It’s going to be far more difficult than he bargained for.”
– Richard Webber, is that you? Chief Richard Webber, who is easily one of the most lovable characters in Grey’s, was described as “not a warm man—with his patients, with his students, with his family.”
– Preston Burke was supposed to already be married: Preston Burke, the cardio surgeon who Cristina fell for early on, originally had a wife and kids who made him feel “trapped.” His plotline revolved around him wanting to leave his wife.