Marvel and DC Comics are the two most famous publishers in this comic industry and no doubt, each has their own superheroes favored by many fans. As always, fans want to see who’s the stronger: superheroes from Marvel? Or superheroes from DC Comics? Of course comparing these heroes is mostly suggestive, but still, doing these comparisons is fun. And so this time, we have a battle between the world’s smartest men: Batman vs Iron Man! Who Would Win?
Batman vs Iron Man has always been a debate for years. Definitely we want to see them in combat and see who would emerge victorious. But before that, first let’s take a look at their profile and their abilities shall we?
Everyone knows Batman, the world’s greatest detective, the Dark Knight, and of course, one of the main pillars in Justice League. Batman made his first appearance in Detective Comics #567 in 1986 and gradually, he has become one of the most famous superheroes nowadays.
Batman’s real name is Bruce Wayne, a billionaire industrialist and a playboy who controls the enormous Wayne Enterprises. When he was a young child, he had to witness his parents killed by the criminal Joe Chill. Ever since, he shared a deep vendetta against criminals and he swore to protect Gotham City with hope to prevent citizens from suffering the same thing as him.
Despite being a mortal, Bruce Wayne/Batman has reached the limit of humankind. He possesses the peak-human conditions and as a seasoned fighter, Bruce has also mastered all the martial arts in the world, including even ninjutsu.
Finally, which is also the most important; Bruce’s intelligence is in genius level. His intelligent level is so astounding that he has learned tons of knowledge from Biology, Technology, Mathematics, and Physics to Forensic Sciences, Medical Sciences, and Computer Sciences. And with all of these feats, Bruce Wayne is indeed the world’s greatest mortal to date.
Bruce Wayne is exceptional in analyzing and planning for different situations. That said; he also had problem with trust as he often thinks of various potential threats, including even his own friends. The most typical example for both his intelligence and his trust issue is the Towel of Babel event in Justice League of America. In this event, it showed that Batman has even planned detail ways to defeat every single member of Justice League in case these superheroes would turn to evil.
- Peak-Human Conditions in all aspects from strength, agility to endurance.
- Master Martial Artist: He learned and mastered all the martial arts in the world, including ninjutsu.
- Genius Intellect Level: Bruce Wayne’s genius intelligence allows him to pretty much learn any new knowledge at ease. He has tons of degrees in many fields, including Forensic Sciences. Throughout many events, Bruce has proved his fearsome analytic and planning skill. He can come up with various situations and how to deal with them, including his own friends.
- Indomitable Will: Bruce has extremely strong willpower, allowing him to withstand damages and in dire situations. His willpower also allows him to wield the Green Lantern Ring if necessary.
- Stubbornness: While Batman’s strong willpower makes him a dangerous foe to deal with, this strong willpower also bring him various problems. He won’t easily listen to the others and this can bring disturbance to his allies when he forces his ideas on them.
The man in advanced robot suit and also the man who is famous with the “Take that off and what are you?” meme, let’s welcome: Anthony Stark, or Tony Stark! Tony Stark is one of the most famous Marvel characters to date. And of course, this character is even more famous in the world by Robert Downey Jr.
Tony is the owner of Stark Industries and unlike many superheroes; Tony doesn’t have any problem in showing his true identity. Of course, he is also a genius industrialist millionaire, and a famous playboy. Before taking the name Iron Man, he got a heart injury and he had to live with Core Reactor within him. He was captured by terrorists and forced to build a super weapon. Yet instead, he built the very first Iron Man model to escape and eventually, becomes a superhero.
Without Iron Man suit, Tony is pretty much a mere mortal with average mortal physical strength. However, his genius intelligence is what matters most as he can invent various machines, especially the infamous Iron Man suits. Tony Stark has created various powerful suits that he can even defeat the Phoenix Force.
Iron Man Statistics
- Genius Intellect Level: Tony Stark is a brilliant inventor who invented various arsenals and equipment for H.I.E.L.D and his allies. And of course, we cannot forget the power Iron Man suits including the Hulkbuster, Bleeding Edge Armor, Endo-Sym Armor, and recently the All-New, All-Different Iron Man.
- Genius Inventor: Tony Stark is no doubt a genius, especially in inventing new technologies. He has invented various arsenals and tools for himself, his fellow heroes, and H.I.E.L.D. Even if he didn’t work as Iron Man, his invention capability would still be an extremely valuable asset for S.H.I.E.L.D and the Avengers.
- Superhuman Capabilities: With different Iron Man suits, Tony can adapt to almost all environments and conditions. They also give Tony immense power to deal various opponents like Hulk, Thor, and even the Phoenix Force.
- Depression: Tony has a so-called Major Depressive Disorder which often pushes him to the state of extremely down mood. Even though he looks arrogant at many occasions, he looks extremely bad when he gets depressed. Robert Downey Jr. probably did the best illustration of this depression issue in Iron Man 2 when he learned that the Core Reactor is poisoning him.
Many fans have analyzed this battle and so far, the “win rate” between Batman and Iron Man is pretty close. That said; currently it seems the winning side is leaning towards Batman. Here we will sum up the most popular analysis and why do they think their favorite heroes will win. In this case, we will consider these two characters in their peak power, including the parallel Universes and all the storylines.
So based on the various debates, we will decide to split this battle into 2 scenerios: Batman and Iron Man fight without knowing each other beforehand, and their battle after knowing each other for a certain time.
Batman vs Iron Man, a Sudden Fight
In most debates, it seems even Batman fans have to agree that Iron Man will win in an unexpected fight. The main argument from Iron Man side is that Iron Man’s suit already gives Tony superpower. On the other hand, Batman normally wears the regular Batsuit and equipment. The standard Bat-equipment and Bruce’s martial arts are surely not enough to give Iron Man a scratch. And of course, Iron Man easily wins the day.
Batman vs Iron Man, a Battle of Armors
In another circumstances, what if Batman fought Iron Man with his most powerful suit in the comic: Hellbat Suit? According to the comic, Hellbat Suit is created by the Justice League for Batman so that Batman can fight in extreme condition (he even fought Darkseid). Basically, Hellbat Suit tremendously increases Batman’s physical conditions to Superman’s level. But such a powerful suit also comes with a major drawback: it drains Batman’s metabolism. If Bruce used this suit for too long, high chance Bruce’s life will be drained to death. So how fair if it fights with other powerful Iron Man suits?
- Hellbat vs Bleeding Edge Armor: There is an acknowledgement that Hellbat’s power is far more powerful than the Bleeding Edge due to its Superman’s strength and The Flash’s speed. Some fans even claim that Hellbat can one-shot the Bleeding Edge before it can do anything. Yet other fans think that Tony Stark still have higher winning chance due to his vast knowledge of hacking and cybernetic technologies. Another possibility is if the Bleeding Edge can prolong the battle long enough, Batman is likely dead due to the Hellbat’s metabolism draining. Still, the question is: can Bleeding Edge survive the insane strength and speed from Hellbat?
- Hellbat vs Endo-Sym Armor: Endo-Sym Armor is an interesting Iron Man suit as it is a full liquid smart-metal which can self-generate. This suit is based on symbiotic biology and it connects with user via psionic bond. So, what if Endo-Sym fights against Hellbat? Again, the win votes for Endo-Sym and win votes for Hellbat are quite equal. Those who vote for Endo-Sym claim that the Endo-Sym can increase Tony’s endurance drastically and it is more versatile than the Hellbat. On the other hand, Hellbat fans argue that it defeated the Parademon army and even 2 gods. Such a feat could not be achieved with Endo-Sym and therefore, the Endo-Sym would be destroyed by Hellbat unless Batman got his life drained dry.
- Hellbat vs Uru Armor: This is quite an equal battle among fans since both armors are capable of god-killing. The Hellbat was forged from the efforts of all Justice League members, while the Uru Armor was forged from the Uru metal – the very same metal used to create the infamous Destroyer and Mjölnir. This Uru Armor was also enchanted by Odin, making it an extremely powerful armor Tony ever created. Frankly speaking it is impossible to compare these two armors, unless in a faithful day we have a special issue featuring Hellbat fighting Uru Armor.
Bruce Wayne vs Tony Stark, Brawl without Armors
Well… there is no debate about this matter. If Tony Stark has to fight without his Iron Man suits, he will 100% get beaten by Bruce Wayne. While Tony is a master of armors, he is pretty much a mortal in term of mortal strength. On the contrary, Bruce Wayne is a master martial artist and of course, how can a normal human can defeat an experienced martial artist?
Bruce Wayne vs Tony Stark, a Battle of Minds
Now this is an interesting scenario. Let’s suppose that Batman and Iron Man have already known each other. Who will win?
In equal terms, both Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark possess genius intellect level. Bruce Wayne is known to be versatile in almost all subjects, while Tony Stark is adept at computers, technologies, and cybernetic inventions.
Fans who vote for Bruce Wayne often takes the “I’m Batman” factor as the main reason why Bruce will win given that he has time to prepare. Batman has always been known as the man of extreme cautious. He always plans far ahead in order to prevent any possible disasters. In JLA Tower of Babel, it revealed that Batman even planned detail plan to defeat every single member of Justice League in case they are corrupted. With such a “feat”, Batman fans believe that he can easily come up with plan to defeat Tony Stark.
On the other hand, Iron Man fans also believe that Tony Stark is also a genius like Bruce. Surely, Tony would also research about Bruce Wayne and forge an armor suitable for defeating Batman.
Of course, it is still hard to say who will win given time to know each other. However, it seems the number of people voting for Bruce is higher than Tony’s.
And that’s it folk! What do you think? Batman vs Iron Man, who would be the winner? Feel free to share with us and for now, thank you and stay tune for more news in the future!
You may also like: